Sunday, January 5, 2014

FO: Puerperium

Last night I finally sewed the buttons to the Puerperium Cardigan! These are the cutest little buttons I have ever seen :)  I bought them at Espace Tricot for those of you who live in the Montreal area.

This is a lovely pattern.  It is tiny and quick to knit, although it took me from August to January, I have for an excuse that I knitted the Pine Forest Baby Blanket at the same time!

It did not use much yarn either.  Not even half a skein of Millis by Julie Asselin. At first, I thought the color was really too bright but in the end, I really like how it turned out (the color below is not as accurate as above):



A lot of people knitted this pattern and I would definitely recommend it. 

I did not make any modifications.  See my project page on Ravelry.

Now, I'm knitting a little newborn hat and matching socks with leftover yarn.  The hat is already blocking and the second sock is on its way!

Then, I think I will start the Little Oak Cardigan with the Madelintosh Tosh Merino DK I had bought for a Wheat scarf but changed my mind... again!

I'm also thinking about what should be my challenge for the Ravellenics. I may knit a pair of socks again.  It is still a challenge for me to knit a pair of socks in two weeks and I find it actually satisfying to knit a pair of socks so quickly once every two year!  Will you knit something for the Ravellenics?

Happy New Year 2014 everyone!

8 comments:

mle said...

Oh my, those buttons are cute! Great little cardi.

Snorka said...

This is a really cute cardigan! I like the colour and the owl buttons.
I'm still not sure if i should join the ravellenics (i'm such a slow knitter...). But if i do, i'd also choose socks.

Audry said...

Such a cute little sweater!

I've knitted the full size Gnarled Oak cardigan, so I imagine the children's version would be just as enjoyable to knit.

Have you decided on what sock yarn to use for your socks?

Unknown said...

so beautiful, perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi am starting my first cardigan for my boy three and half.....really like your posts.. Am scared, hope can finish it.

Allison said...

Those buttons are adorable and match the yarn you chose so well!

Lolita Blahnik said...

Ese es uno de los patrones que tengo en la carpeta de pendientes para Miranda, creo que ya no me da tiempo :), o quizás si...

Monica said...

I also knit this card and used owl buttons! I guess great minds think alike! It looks adorable.