Saturday, November 10, 2012

FO: Andrea's Shawl

I bought a new camera yesterday!  Mine was broken and quite old I must say.  It's kind of difficult to get used to a new camera, but it's supposed to be twice as good so... ;-)

Here is my latest FO!  The yarn and the pattern was given to me by my good "tricopine"  (in French, it's a contraction of the words "knitting" and "friend") Andi from My Sister's Knitter.  Thank you so much Andi, I've really enjoyed working on that project!  You really made my day twice with those awesome gifts!

Really nice pattern, well written and very wearable in that color!



 

Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm (circular)
Color: Impressionist sky
Start to finish: January 2012 - November 2012
For: Me.
Notes: Just made in one color (no stripes).
 
For some unexplained reason, I was very bad at keeping track of the needle size and pattern size.  When I picked up the project in October to finish it, I was so confused ;-)  Write Maryse write ;-)
 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how lovely! I still have yet to finish a shawl, so I am filled with jealousy.

mle said...

Yes, getting a new camera is kind of like getting a new cell phone, gotta get used to all those different buttons. :)
Lovely shawl!

Julie said...

Such a beautiful shawl!

Audry said...

I've made one of those shawls too! It is a great pattern. I had a lot of fun knitting it. And it looks like you did too. The shawl looks wonderful.

Marisa Muñoz said...

Hello Maryse! I love your version without stripes and the lace's shape that you have obtained with blocking.

Andi said...

Holy heck that is beautiful! Now I know I really want to knit this. Just beautiful my friend. XO!

jody said...

gorgeous color! and i have to admit, i wasn't a big fan of the high-contrast stripes in the original, but i really like yours in that fabulous, vibrant blue!

~RaenWa~ said...

I love the color of the yarn it really makes the pattern pop very beautiful.

Julie said...

The shawl looks beautiful!! What kind of camera did you get?

Allison said...

This is such a beautiful shawl, Maryse! I love the color and edging.