Tuesday, January 22, 2013

FO: Maile Sweater

Yeah, here is my first FO of the year!  I'm very happy with the final result!  It's the Maile Sweater.  This is a free pattern.
 
It is a gift for my good friend Annick who is having a baby girl in February.  We had her baby shower on Sunday.  The sweater was still buttonless but I gave it to her today at work!

 
Needles: US 6 / 4.0 mm (circular and DPNs)
Color: Thrills (Year in Color 2012 - May)
Start to finish: November 2012 - January 2013
For: Annick's baby girl
Notes: I added 2 stitches when I CO each sleeve.  I also used
DPNs for the sleeves to attach them to the body.
 
I have to say that while I knitted it, I didn't know if I would knit it ever again.  First, I had to retry attaching the sleeves to the body since my first attempt with the circular needle only was impossible.  It was getting tighter and tighter.  So I tried again with DPNs as recommended by other knitters on Ravely.  Much better.  Then, it took me a few days to sew the sleeves.  I really kept postponing it!  But it went so fast and so well even though there are increases.  Now, looking back and seeing how pretty it looks after blocking, I think I would knit it again and recommend it!
 
Here is the back.  It looks really pretty I think with the pattern at the bottom and the raglan!
 
 
The buttons were bought at the last minute at Espace Tricot.  I'm very happy with how they look!
 
 
Have a great week everyone! 
 
P.S.  Don't forget to participate to the contest for my blogyversary to win a pattern of your choice and a skein of Sephyra!  It's opened 'til tomorrow night!

12 comments:

jody said...

i love it! the slight variegation of color is beautiful and the lace along the raglans is so girly. i'm sure she's going to be beautiful in it!

Sue said...

Beautiful!

Allison said...

It's so pretty! Those tonal purples look great and so do the lacy flowers and leaves. I bet your friend was thrilled!

Audry said...

That is such a cute sweater. Too bad it isn't adult sized!

Susan said...

What a beautiful sweater!!!! What a lucky baby girl :)

Chantal Boucher said...

Je réitère: Il est magnifique!!

mle said...

What a sweet little sweater! I'm glad you persevered!

Anonymous said...

So cute! That's one lucky baby.

Bethany said...

Beautiful baby gift. I love the lacy raglan.

Pumpkin said...

Gorgeous, so very gorgeous! The color is perfect for a sweet little baby too!

Marisa Muñoz said...

It's a beautiful cardigan! I also knit sleeves with DPNs because they're more easily handle in small diameters than the circular needles. Best whises for Annick! :)

DKnits said...

What a lovely tiny cardi! Beautiful job you did here.
Sorry it's late, but happy blogiversary!