Saturday, April 20, 2013

FO: Saroyan

I finished the Saroyan back in March.  It went to an alpaga fiber competion last weekend although it did not win.  If you have any suggestion on what someone must knit with 100% alpaga for the best results, let me know!  I was a little puzzled when looking for the perfect 1-2 skein project.
 
This natural yarn was a pleasure to knit. The Saroyan pattern is beautiful.  It is mostly mindless knitting but the leaves on the side keep it interesting and gives a sense of it growing quite fast!

Here is the final result before blocking.


Although the yarn is 100% alpaga, the leaves are showing pretty well!
 

 I think this is closer to the true color...

 
It feels awesome around the neck!
 

Pattern: Saroyan by Liz Abinante.
Needles: US 9 - 5.5 mm.
Color: No color, 100% natural.
Start to finish: February 2013 - March 2013.
For: Mélanie and Fiber Art Competition in Orangeville.
Notes: No modification.
 
This is a free pattern so there is no reason why you should resist!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Andi said...

Lovely Saroyan! I can only imagine how incredible that must feel around your neck.

Monique said...

Il est magnifique! J'aime beaucoup la couleur. Sa construction m'intrigue, je vais aller le télécharger. :)

Monica said...

Lovely Maryse! Like you said, the pattern is beautiful and free so there is no reason for not to knit it. I just added it to my queu.

Unknown said...

This is very lovely!! I have this pattern in my queue and I hope to knit it soon! :) I am sure it is so warm and soft!

Chantal Boucher said...

J'adore!!!

Allison said...

This is such a pretty shawl! I do have a couple skeins of alpaca to use, so thanks for the suggestion.