Sunday, June 10, 2012

FO: Damson

I finished my Damson on Monday!  What a nice pattern to knit!  I recommend it... if you don't already have one!  The yarn also was simply exquisite.  What a great colorway for this time of the year!


PatternDamson by Ysolda Teague 
Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm and US 8 / 5.0 mm
Color: Sprout
Start to finish: March 2012 - June 2012
For: Me
Notes: I used 3.5 mm needles for the entire pattern,
except for the bind off, I used 5.0 mm.

It is smaller than the original pattern.  I only had 100 g of yarn.  So I read notes from other people on Ravelry, reduced the needle size compared to what the pattern calls for, built an Excel file to follow-up the percentage of stitches knitted versus the remaining weight.  This made me confident that it would work out well and it took 90 g of yarn.


Here is a closer look at the yarn and the light variations of purple and red in it!


It looks like we are having a wonderful summer day today!  This week, I only work tomorrow and then, I finally take some days off (for the rest of the week)!  Yé! 

Have a great end of the weekend! 

13 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love your knit!! Hope you have a wonderful week off and get a chance to truly relax and enjoy yourself ;)

Alhana said...

¡Qué chal tan delicado y elegante!

Carol said...

So pretty!

Andi said...

It is perfect on you. I love that you took a close up picture of the yarn because it is so lovely. Beautiful Maryse!

Anonymous said...

I love that yarn!

Pumpkin said...

Wow, this looks fantastic! I love how you used your Excel skills to mod this pattern. The pattern looks like a lot of fun too.

Susan said...

Gosh! This is so beautiful and elegant. The stitches show so well. I cant believe you used excel to calculate! It sounds complicated!! But i think the calculations paid off :) enjoy your week off. Im so jealous!

Audry said...

I love how dainty your smaller Damson looks. Just gorgeous.

Kara said...

Very pretty! And a lovely color too.

vanessa said...

gorgeous! I love the color your chose.

Enjoy your days off :-)

Marisa Muñoz said...

Me encanta!! Es uno de los patrones que me enamoraron cuando descubrí ravelry... Tengo que hacerlo! Besos.

Monique said...

Il est superbe ! :-)

Kristen Rettig said...

Your damson is beautiful. Congratulations on customizing your size to suit your remaining yarn!